Roku Stick is love for those who enjoy playing premium streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, sling, Roku, crackle, direct tv, show time and much more best-rated services. While if you are finding how to Jailbreak Roku to install media player like Kodi on Roku, it is possible by the following procedure. Kodi is a free open source media player developed by XMBC Foundation to play and stream video files, music files, mp3, mp4, mtk same as windows media player. So why anyone wants to install Kodi on Roku well the first reason is a convenience, plays Roku and switch to Kodi whenever you want without plugging out Roku stick, another reason is a broad selection of Kodi third-party add-ons. Let’s see How to Jailbreak Roku Stick to install Kodi:
Jailbreak(Mirroring) Roku 2018:
Keep this in view while installing Kodi on Roku that Roku stick official does not support Kodi player or its addons. This is not simple to just follow few things and then install Kodi on Roku, both software mustn’t compatible with each other to work but currently, they are not. Wait for Roku to add support of Kodi in its Media Center Just like Xbox One does it or Jailbreak Roku Stick to Install Kodi on it. Also sorry for giving the title of Jail Breaking as most people out there doesn’t search for mirroring Kodi on roku, they simply search for Jailbreak Roku.
Install Kodi on Roku:
Above already told you that it is not possible to install Kodi on Roku, Jailbreak is just an alternative term used instead of mirroring feature, this function is available in many android devices as well as on window pc. Use need to open Kodi on the device and mirror that image to Roku.
- First of all Open Roku Stick Home page go to Settings and then click on System.
- Scroll down and go to Screen Mirroring.
- Enable the Screen Mirroring Option.
- Now on Android Phone end Go to Setting, here there are several different names depending on the Android version for the Screen Mirroring, It can be Screen Mirroring, Cast, Wireless Display, Miracast, etc. You can also use the third-party application for Casting Screen.
- In Samsung S8 or s9, the option can be found on Notification Menu called as Smart View.
- After finding the Screen Mirroring Option Open it.
- It will automatically search for Roku, Make sure you Roku is updated with the latest version and both devices connected to a same Wifi connection.
- After pairing It will automatically start mirroring you Screen.
- Here Install Kodi 17.6 and Open it in Android, play movie and mirror it to Roku.